Monday, February 8, 2010

ACT! Quick Tip - Using the Relationships Tab

The relationships tab is a new feature that came out with ACT! 11.0.1 and is also included in ACT! 12/2010.

It is an excellent way to record which contacts relate to each other in your database. ACT! is very good at associating contacts with companies and groups. These are helpful for 'many to one' type relationships. I.E Many contacts work for the one company, or many contacts are going to be the member of one group.

The relationships tab captures the 'one to one' contact relationships. IE. this contact is related to that one.

I use this a lot for relating contacts who refer me business to those they referred. This way I can see under a referers tab, all the people they have referred me to. I can also see the relationships they have with those contacts. E.g. I can see they have referred me to a friend, a relative, and a client.

All this information helps to recall the context of the relationship.

The best thing about this feature is that it is fast to connect two contacts together, and it is even faster to click between contacts that are connected in this Tab.

No comments: